Right now, in this moment, I could choose to focus on:
• The fact that my second born will move out of our house in 86 days.
• The truck that’s in the shop and the sinking feeling that it might be the transmission.
• The teenage boy’s room that looks like a bomb went off in it.
• The list of weird things my body has done recently that makes me feel like the invitation in my mailbox to join the AARP wasn’t a mistake after all.
• The relationship that’s not what I wish it was.
• The college tuition bills. All of them.
• The anxious thought I’ve been giving to the Lord and then taking back again.Read More